Sandstone Court ~ 414 Clinch Avenue
In 1934, the business operating out of 414 Clinch Avenue was Morris Plan Bank.
It’s possible that the building was built around 1933 by the Morris Plan Bank or that the building was under construction for the bank at that time. Morris Plan Bank occupied 414 until 1948. After that, it was occupied by Tennessee Valley Bank, Tennessee Valley Authority, Computerland, Third National Bank, Valley Fidelity Bank and the First National Bank before falling vacant.
Today, The Courtland Group has reclaimed this beautiful structure and has redeveloped it for those who want the ultimate urban lifestyle. Sandstone Court, named for the building’s spectacular Tennessee sandstone façade, has become one of downtown Knoxville’s premier addresses.